Next to the administrative building of the Paklenica National Park Public Institution, a presentation center of Paklenica National Park has been set up for the purpose of presenting the natural beauties and educating the visitors preparing to visit the Park. It comprises displays presenting the flora and fauna, the geological, geomorphological and other natural features. The institution offers the option of organized lectures accompanied with displays, and projections in the presentation hall seating 25 people.
The future multipurpose visitor center of Paklenica National Park will be situated in the underground tunnels called the “Bunkers”, which are currently undergoing reconstruction. The underground tunnel complex was built during a tense political situation between the former Yugoslavia and USSR from 1950 to 1953. They were built by the Yugoslav National Army, and they were supposed to serve as a shelter for the state and military leadership. During the construction, this entrance section of the National Park was closed both to visitors and locals. The construction of the facility was highly confidential – a company of 500 soldiers and prisoners participated in its completion. The facility was first open in June of 1991, when the metal door was removed.
In 2007, a souvenir shop and bathroom facilities were opened within the future visitor center at the south gate to the underground tunnel.